List:       busybox
Subject:    RE: [BusyBox] bringing eth0 up and down
From:       "Brenda Butler" <bbutler () symbium ! com>
Date:       2004-06-30 14:23:59

I apologize for answering on the top and not in-fix, but I'm using
Outlook for my mail client for the first time (never used it before) and
I haven't yet learned how to make it put quote characters on the left
(in order to distinguish what I'm replying to from what I write).  I
hope I have set it to plain-text (no html) - please let me know if I
haven't got that right.

So, in answer to the question on the bottom of this email, I need to
bring the interface down and up again because that's how ifupdown works
- the ifup.d scripts get run when the interface is brought up, and the
ifdown.d scripts get run when the interface is brought down.  Plus it
would be nice to use ifup and ifdown because they understand the
/etc/network/interfaces file natively - no need for elaborate scripting.

The consensus from this list seems to be that it's a driver problem -
I'll forward all the emails to our kernel/driver guys - thanks again.
I'm just the scripting/rootfs person.