List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] little unclarity on 'Another Bourne-like Shell'
From:       sandeep <sandeep () codito ! com>
Date:       2004-06-24 14:25:38

hi folks,
I was trying busybox 1.00pre10 recently, moving from 0.60 in the hope that it
will be more bug-fixed and improved. I had earlier found that tab and username
completion didn't work with lash on 0.60 (are these meant for lash too??) The
configuration help doesn't clearly indicate things even in 1.00pre10 . Here is a
snapshot of menuconfig screen.

There is no option for bourne shell (only ash/hush/lash/msh/none) on menu, but
"---  Bourne Shell Options" below causes some confusion.

If it could either be organised that options relevant to selected shell(s) only
are enabled
and/or
atleast in the <Help> for these options, shells can be mentioned for which the
option is available.

== snipped ===
  ---   Bourne Shell Options
                           ?[ ]   Hide message on interactive shell startup
                                                     ?[*]   Standalone shell

?[*]   command line editing
                          ?(15)    history size
                                                    ?[*]     history saving