List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] Link to bzip2 is missing
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2004-04-28 0:48:21

On Monday 26 April 2004 03:41, Joerg Hahn wrote:
> Moin
>
> Package: 1.00-pre7 and later
>
> Thank you for your work with busybox. It's well done.
>
> But There is no link called bzip2 when I chouse tar witk -c support. Tar
> can handle bzip2 compression, but no link is made. When I make an link
> manualy, it works. So please add the link.

The link is made to bunzip2.  We haven't added bzip2 compression-side support
yet.  (I've written some code, but no new features are going in until after
the 1.0 release.)

Yes, you can use "bzip2 -d" or whatever it is in conventional bzip, but if we
only support decompression at the moment, then we might as well only support
the decompression name until we get the compression side in...

Rob