List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] lsof applet? + question re uclibc
From:       "Tony J. White" <tjw () webteam ! net>
Date:       2004-03-25 16:21:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 09:07:29PM -0700, Mark Senior wrote:
> Is there anyone already working on an lsof applet for busybox?  I don't
> want to duplicate efforts if there is.  I probably wouldn't really get
> underway for a month or so - I have classes, finals, etc. taking up
> much of my time till then.

I don't know a great deal about lsof, but I assume that a simple
implementation of it could be added to my fuser implementation here:

http://tjw.org/fuser/

fuser and lsof functionality overlaps a great deal since they are essentially
different interfaces for parsing open file info from /proc.  lsof just has a
lot more funtionality.

Out of curiousity, what do you need lsof for?  Do you just want it for
administraton, or do you have another tool that uses its output?  I ask
because lsof has a great deal of command line options that I doubt would be
implemented  in a bb version.

-Tony