List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] Auto-Login without Keyboard?
From:       Tito <farmatito () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2004-02-29 21:21:44

On Sunday 29 February 2004 20:47, David Oberbeck wrote:
> Greetings to the list,
>
>    Firstly, kudos and heartfelt thanks to all who have worked on
> BusyBox - it's great!
>
>    After googling around I don't see a clean way to do auto login,
> without any keypress.
>
>    We have the 'askfirst' option working in /etc/inittab, which gets
> us a login with a single keypress, but we need to do away with the
> keyboard altogether.
From the docs:
              Run repeatedly actions:

                                'respawn' actions are run after the 'once' actions.  When a process
                                started with a 'respawn' action exits, init automatically restarts
                                it.  Unlike sysvinit, BusyBox init does not stop processes from
                                respawning out of control.  The 'askfirst' actions acts just like
                                respawn, except that before running the specified process it
                                displays the line "Please press Enter to activate this console."
                                and then waits for the user to press enter before starting the
                                specified process.
So changing askfirst to respawn will do it.
Ciao,
Tito