List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] BusyBox 1.0.0-pre6 released
From:       Stewart Brodie <stewart () metahusky ! net>
Date:       2004-01-31 12:36:32

Erik Andersen <andersen@codepoet.org> wrote:

> BusyBox 1.0.0-pre6 released
>   patch was rejected, it is safe to say that your patch has
>   somehow gotten lost or forgotten. That happens sometimes.

I'm not sure of the status of my xargs patch - this is the patch that makes
it run the sub-commands once it reaches the user-specified argument limit.
After some discussion on the list, mostly with vodz, neither of the two
possible resolutions was forthcoming: patch not applied and no replacement
implementation of xargs (a topic which was raised too).  This leaves busybox
still with a useless (for me) implementation of xargs.  My patch improves it
to be better than the GNU findutils version.  I have also raised a
low-priority fault against GNU findutils and suggested a simple change which
would improve its behaviour to match too.

However, I'm no longer working on the project that needed this patch as I
left my employer yesterday after being made redundant, so there's no great
urgency about it.

--
Stewart Brodie