List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] Init spawning problem?
From:       Thomas Lundquist <lists () zelow ! no>
Date:       2003-12-25 11:15:13

It seems like i have a problem with 1.00-pre5 compared to
1.00-pre4 regarding init. the latest CVS head has the same problem.

The problem is that the rc.init process gets started and
finishes but the processes for the console and TTYs does not start.

ctrlaltdel works.

I can't find any changes in the init nor login directories so my best
guess is somewhere in the handling of devices (directing output from
STDOUT/STDERR to /dev/vc3 works.)

I am using devfs but not devfsd

any guesses?

example from inittab:

::respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 /dev/console
vc/2::respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 /dev/vc/2

I've tried without the /dev/console line aswell.

Thomas.