List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] udhcp last diffs
From:       Russ Dill <Russ.Dill () asu ! edu>
Date:       2003-12-19 16:17:59

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 04:30, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> Russ,
>
> > You can patch whatever you want in udhcp, as long as:
> >
> > a) Its clean, ie, it doesn't screw up formatted
> > b) It has a clear purpose, its not just one programmer forcing his
> > aesthetic on another programmers code, its actually fixing a real
> > problem
> > c) It doesn't prevent udhcp from compiling standalone
> > d) It doesn't break existing functionality within udhcp because you
> > figure you don't want to use that particular functionality
>
> Oh.
> Your last corrections have removed many my corrections,
> having made the program of more bigger, and more slowly whithout any useful effects.
>   If you do not want meaningful dialogue, I shall not offer any more any changes
> for your program.
> I did not insist on entering in CVS my corrections.

actually, its now smaller than it was a week ago. BTW, I'm confused what
you mean by "correction". Show me at least one correction that my patch
reverses.

> > its not the job of other programmers to clean up your
> > bad formatting.
>
> My editor does not break formatting! Only corrects.
> I tried to offer patchs from the switched off option "diff -b".
> But such patchs did not accept, as they at once showed bad initial formatting in
> initial variants up to mine patchs which were automatically corrected, speaking,
> that we do not see, where your corrections, and where updating of formatting.
> I am compelled to use now an option always that though any patchs accepted.

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here, but go back and look at
your diff against options.c, and you'll see what I mean, the indenting
is all over the place.

--
Russ Dill <Russ.Dill@asu.edu>