List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] ttyX and ttySX buffer/io problem?
From:       Jason Wever <weeve () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-09-27 22:12:14

Hi,

I've been working with busybox (1.0pre3 and the 20039027 unstable
snapshot) and I'm having an issue with any terminals that are started.
Basically you have to enter several characters and/or enters before
anything gets sent to the screen.  I'm *not* using devfs (in the kernel or
in busybox config).  I was originally using ash but also tried msh with no
luck.

I've been building busybox statically against regular
versions of gcc/glibc on sparc64 (but building it 32bit).

I've tried reading through the mailing list archives but I can't seem to
find anything that specifically relates to/fixes this.

I've tried using the built-in inittab as well as the ones included
below with no success.  All that is in my /etc/init.d/rcS is a command to
mount /proc.  I created /dev entries from a regular linux /dev/MAKEDEV
generic-sparc command.

When running serial support, the sparc was booted headless (no keyboard
and no video support so output is directed out ttyS0 be default).

Any suggestions?

-- begin no serial support inittab ---

::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS

ttyS0::askfirst:-/bin/sh