List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] Sed rumblings...
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2003-09-27 10:26:34

There's a couple of reasons we don't handle this one the way gnu does:

$echo blah | sed -e "a corner\\" -e "case"
blah
corner
case

At this point, I think I'm just going to try to document every deviation from
the spec that gnu does that we want to copy, but not try to #ifdef them out.

As for that bug where N appends a newline: the gnu people have called this a
bug in their documentation, right?  If we ever find a real world test that
depends on this, shouldn't _that_ code be fixed?

Rob