List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] Shell from inittab
From:       "Agust Karlsson" <Gusti () pallas ! dk>
Date:       2003-07-30 14:05:37

Sorry that I'm posting this again, but somehow I managed to send it without a subject \
field the first time.

Hello.

I am running busybox built on uClibc and I am trying to get a script running on boot.
My inittab file is as follows:

> > once:/sbin/insmod /pic/TMmodule.o
> > once:/bin/mount -t proc proc /proc
#::once:/etc/check_flash
> > respawn:-/bin/msh

and then I start my applications from /etc/profile

Somehow /etc/profile runs twice

At the moment my /etc/profile lookes like this:

if tty -s
  then
   echo PROFILE ........
   TERM=vt100
   export TERM
   PATH=/sbin:$PATH:/Taxi
   export PATH
   LOGICAB_ROOT=/LogiCab
   QTDIR=/LogiCab/resources/qt
   export LOGICAB_ROOT QTDIR
   cd /LogiCab/bin
   if test -f /LogiCab/bin/auto
     then
     /LogiCab/bin/lcstarter  &
   fi
fi

In most cases it is sufficent to test if we got a controlling terminal and if not \
then don't start the application.

But sometimes the application starts twice, the first time without any output to the \
terminal.

Can anybody explain this to me and show me how this could be done better. (getty is \
not an option as this is an embedded system).

Hope for the best

Gusti

--
Agust Karlsson            mailto:gusti@pallas.dk