List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] su to root, this applet requires root priviledges!
From:       "Tiscali" <jeff-allan () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-05-31 6:55:49

Hello All
You have probably had this request before, but here goes. When login as guest \
remotely via telnet as guest, and I try to SU to root I get the message "this applet \
requires root priviledges!", how do I get round this! Also I know this is off topic, \
I have a program that is run up automatically from /etc/rc.d/rc.start directory as a \
daemon which is ftpd, it runs with root permissions, how do I run it as a different \
user?, so that files uploaded are given the same access priviledges as the ftpd, \
would this be via a shell script?

Thanks in advance

Jeff Allan