List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] No web download or anon cvs access
From:       Erik Andersen <andersen () codepoet ! org>
Date:       2003-05-25 4:12:46

On Sat May 24, 2003 at 06:18:21PM -0600, Jason Bodnar wrote:
> http://www.busybox.net/downloads results in a 403 Forbidden.

The downloads area should now be working,

> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@busybox.net:/var/cvs login
>
> results in:
>
> Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@busybox.net:2401/var/cvs
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from busybox.net: cvs pserver:
> cannot open /var/cvs/CVSROOT/config: Permission denied

I am still working on a proper solution for this...

The long story is that about a week ago the machine that is
usually providing primary hosting for Busybox and uClibc died.
The folks that own the machine suspect cvs pserver may have been
exploited in some way.  While they were upgrading and
reinstalling the machine, I was running Busybox and uClibc on my
home machine.  Last night we transfered things back, but
unfortunately, we forgot something and the downloads area was
not accessible all day.

Anonymous cvs will be working again soon...

 -Erik