List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] wacky busybox/msh (from uClinux-dist-20020701) SIGWINCH failure?
From:       Miles Bader <miles () lsi ! nec ! co ! jp>
Date:       2003-01-28 2:19:57

My copy of busybox/shell/msh can't handle SINWINCH -- if you resize a
window while it's waiting for command input, it exits.  I've put
debugging printfs in cmdedit.c, and the output seems very odd:

cmdedit.c's SIGWINCH handler gets called, and it gets the new window
size, but then after the handler returns, the call to safe_read in
cmdedit_read_input (which was pending when the signal hit) returns an
error, with errno set to ENOSYS!

I'm very surprised to see ENOSYS, here and am not sure what it means.
Does anyone have a clue?  Does anyone's msh work correctly with SIGWINCH?

The shell is running in a picogui pterm; I suppose the problem could lie
there (or with ptys or something).

Thanks,

-Miles
--
"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I