List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] Error in the 'make menuconfig' function in the current unstable
From:       Gregg C Levine <drwho8 () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2003-01-27 9:37:04

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Something strange is going on here. I just downloaded the current,
unstable version of busybox for today, extracted from the file, via
bunzip2, and then from the tar file, via tar. That being done, I then
entered the directory, and issued the 'make menuconfig' command.

It ,ah, broke. Basically it complained about a bool command being
incorrectly used. Back in December, last year, I downloaded to my
laptop, the file for that date. The exact same thing happened. I've
attached a script file for the exact complaint from my system. The
laptop was wearing the exact same development tools. Wasn't this
reported earlier? And a patch created, and applied to the contents of
CVS? So shouldn't everything from unstable, now be working? I don't
know. I'm lost here.
Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net
"Gravity, and government end here!"
["busyox.txt" (text/plain)]

Script started on Mon Jan 27 11:24:14 2003
root@drwho8:/usr/src/bb/busybox# make menuconfig
make -C scripts/config ncurses conf mconf
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/bb/busybox/scripts/config'
cp zconf.tab.h_shipped zconf.tab.h
gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -I. -c conf.c -o conf.o
cp zconf.tab.c_shipped zconf.tab.c
cp lex.zconf.c_shipped lex.zconf.c
gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -I. -c zconf.tab.c -o \
zconf.tab.o gcc  conf.o zconf.tab.o -o conf
gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/include/ncurses \
-DCURSES_LOC="<ncurses.h>" -I. -c mconf.c -o mconf.o In file included from expr.h:15,
                 from lkc.h:9,
                 from mconf.c:29:
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-slackware-linux/2.95.3/include/stdbool.h:11: conflicting types \
                for `bool'
/usr/include/ncurses/ncurses.h:96: previous declaration of `bool'
make[1]: *** [mconf.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/bb/busybox/scripts/config'
make: *** [scripts/config/mconf] Error 2
root@drwho8:/usr/src/bb/busybox# exit

Script done on Mon Jan 27 11:24:32 2003