List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] TAKE 2: Message on Startup: "sh: can't access tty;
From:       Siim Vahtre <siim () pld ! ttu ! ee>
Date:       2002-12-24 0:31:03

I am no developer but I have had the same problem so I thought I try
to say something. I probably may lie :-)

> sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
> #

That means you cannot put things working into background with your shell
(with '&' in the end). You also cannot use suspend and commands like 'bg',
'fg' etc.

I have had the same problem and I personally think that errors come
because of devfs. Maybe it seeks /dev/ttyx or sth? Creating symbolic
links should help.. I think.

Hope it helps...