List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] init pb.
From:       "Paul TOTH" <tothpaul () free ! fr>
Date:       2002-12-20 1:20:05

Hi,

/* NOTE that if BB_FEATURE_USE_INITTAB is NOT defined,
 * then parse_inittab() simply adds in some default
 * actions(i.e., runs INIT_SCRIPT and then starts a pair
 * of "askfirst" shells).  If BB_FEATURE_USE_INITTAB
 * _is_ defined, but /etc/inittab is missing, this
 * results in the same set of default behaviors.
 * */

So I don't really need a inittab...isn't it ?

And if I need one, what should I put in it to just get a shell ?

I've try with a "/etc/init.d/rcS" script (chmod 777), it is not executed :(

I only can get all this work through a chroot from an existing Linux fs, I
want to setup a minimal loopback device with (for now) only busybox.

something like this
http://www.linux4.be/~jroark/howto/ramdisk.html

Thanks

Paul TOTH <tothpaul@free.fr>