List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] busybox "cat" on /dev/ttyS?
From:       Joerg Schmitz-Linneweber <schmitz-linneweber () aston-technologie ! de>
Date:       2002-11-25 2:17:03

Hi!

On Friday, 22. November 2002 11:01, Uwe Beutin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that the "cat" commmand stops somewhere in the middle of
> the output of larger texts or files when the output is on /dev/ttyS0 on
> my uClibc system on my embedded controller, a uCdimm in this case. A
> Ctrl-C returns to the prompt immediately.
>
> If done on a telnet session via the network, the output is fine. Has
> anybody noticed this?!
No, not yet. What kind of handshake does your serial line use? Did you tried
to disable s/w *and* h/w handshake ("stty clocal -crtscts -ixoff
</dev/ttyS0") or even put the port into raw mode?

And how are you "outputting" your stuff to ttyS0? Is your controlling
terminal on ttyS0 and you're doing a "cat bigfile" or are you doing something
like "cat bigfile" >/dev/ttyS0"?

Salut, Jörg

--
Joerg Schmitz-Linneweber