List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] sed.c patch
From:       Glenn McGrath <bug1 () optushome ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-11-24 16:38:03

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 01:56:44 +0100
Erlend Bergs <howl@online.no> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm quite new to busybox, but I found sed to lack the 'reversed
> address-range' function, so I added it.
>
> I don't know if this is wanted, but to comply with GNU's sed it might be
> nice to include it.
>
> Whether or not it works fine I don't know, for I am not a master coder,
> but if some of you a bit more experienced coders could have a look at
> this patch I'd be mighty glad (as said, it's a fine feature)

I dont follow sed very closely, but from the comments in cvs, sed revision
1.89 appears to add that.

"Patch from Simon Krahnke:
I wrote a patch for busybox for our company's (www.lisa.de)
private use. [...] To sed it adds the '!'-inversion of addresses."

Also, its preferable if you make your patches wiht -U 3.

Thanks

Glenn