List:       busybox
Subject:    RE: [BusyBox] Possible bug
From:       "Torrey Hoffman" <Torrey.Hoffman () myrio ! com>
Date:       2002-05-29 13:21:03

Dave Nafranowicz wrote:
> I'm new to linux, yet alone busybox but I do not know why the
> first line in
> busybox.links
> is always /usr/bin/[  .  Its like this right out of the tar ball and

Believe it or not, "[" is actually a program, also called "test".
The "[" name is so you can write expressions like

if [ -f foo.bar ]
then

If test is run as "[" then the last parameter needs to be "]".
See test.c in the sources for details, also "man test" for the
full GNU version.

Torrey Hoffman
thoffman@arnor.net