List:       busybox
Subject:    RE: [BusyBox] insmod ppc quickfix
From:       Goddeeris Frederic <Frederic.Goddeeris () siemens ! atea ! be>
Date:       2002-05-27 2:03:03

Hi Magnus,

Great!

Thanks,
Frederic

-----Original Message-----
From: Magnus Damm
To: busybox@busybox.net
Cc: matthias.fuchs@esd-electronics.com; christian.grigis@smartdata.ch;
Frederic.Goddeeris@siemens.atea.be
Sent: 5/22/02 3:32 PM
Subject: [BusyBox] insmod ppc quickfix

Hi all,

I've investigated the insmod-powerpc-global-variable-problem a bit,
and I found three possible problems:

1) R_PPC_ADDR32 is not handled correctly.
2) tlb tables are linked lists in the powerpc.
   The current busybox implementation only support single elements.
3) archdata "__dbe_table" is not used by the busybox implementation.

The attached patch will fix 1), and that is probably the bug that
has given you headache. Sorry about that.
I'm not sure what effect 2) and 3) has.

I am working on a insmod megapatch which fixes all the problems above.

Please test the attached patch.

Thanks /

magnus
 <<busybox-0.60.3-insmod_ppc_quickfix.patch>>