List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] init not found
From:       Andrew Dixon <andrew.dixon () seranoa ! com>
Date:       2002-01-16 14:17:03

Hiya Silvio,

Silvio Romagnoli wrote:

> I'm trying to build a working Busybox disk with a
> 2.4.7 kernel

OK, now we know what kernel your using but we also need to know what
version of BusyBox your using.

recompiled to fit my needs, but the boot
> process suddenly stops with a kernel panic because it
> cannot find the init executable.

The error message that the kernel prints out is really helpful here.
Just cut and paste it into the e-mail.

There are also a few things you should check:
1. Is init compiled into BusyBox?
B. Do you have a proper /etc/inittab?  (check the documentation bb-init
is _not_ like sysvinit)

good luck,
Andy