List:       busybox
Subject:    bug#1200: [BusyBox] bug#1200: 'fuser' request
From:       Erik Andersen <andersen () lineo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-31 16:00:03

On Tue Jul 31, 2001 at 10:32:01AM -0600, jfree@lineo.com wrote:
> Package: busybox
> Version: 0.52
> Severity: normal
>
> pcmcia-cs (http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/) installs a file
> /etc/pcmcia/shared (common functions used by /etc/pcmcia/ scripts).
>
> Its do_fuser() tries to use 'fuser', failing callers if it is not present.
>
> http://www.linuxbase.org/cu/  lists 'fuser' as mandatory for LSB.
>
> I nominate 'fuser' as a busybox candidate.

It looks like pcmcia-cs 3.1.27 (at least -- didn't check earlier versions) have
a NO_FUSER option which can by used to bypass using fuser entirely, so there is
a workaround available.

Checking (for if/when this does get implemented) it also appears that the following
fuser options are required for pcmcia-cs to opetate when NO_FUSER=n:
    fuser -s -m -k -v name [name...]

This will take a bit of time to code up such a tool, and so this will not be
implemented for the 0.53 release.  I'm also going to drop the priority down to
wishlist.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen@lineo.com