List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] mount cramfs ro problem?
From:       "Williams, Kevin M." <kevin.m.williams () marconi ! com>
Date:       2001-06-29 8:09:09

I am having trouble with mounting the cramfs partition of my flash device.
I have a 2.4.3 kernel and use MTD to partition my flash. I can mount the
jffs partition, but trying to mount the cramfs partition gives me:

/ # mount -t cramfs /dev/mtdblock3 /cram
mount: Mounting /dev/mtdblock3 on /cram failed: Permission denied

when booting my kernel displays:
mtd: Giving out device 0 to CRIND boot loader
mtd: partition "kernel Image" doesn't end on an erase block -- force
read-only
mtd: Giving out device 1 to kernel Image
mtd: partition "initrd image" doesn't start on an erase block boundary --
force read-only
mtd: Giving out device 2 to initrd image
mtd: partition "cramfs filesystem" doesn't start on an erase block boundary
-- force read-only
mtd: Giving out device 3 to cramfs filesystem
mtd: Giving out device 4 to jffs filesystem
mtd: Giving out device 5 to Manfuacturing Data sector and filesize info

Is the 'force read-only' causing problems in mount?  If so any patches or
suggestions besides repartitioning my flash?

I am using a statically linked version of busybox as my shell. I have built
a couple other ramdisks using bash and utilities from mvista distributions,
and I get:

bash# mount -t cramfs /dev/mtdblock3 /cram
mount: block device /dev/mtdblock3 is write-protected, mounting read-only

Kevin Williams