List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] Busybox' "sh" shell on PowerPC
From:       Michael Shmulevich <michaels () jungo ! com>
Date:       2001-03-28 9:59:02

Hello,

I am seeing weird problems with "sh" on PowerPC platform.
The executable is dynamically linked against glibc 2.1.3, process
-/bin/sh is run from inittab.

Problems:
1. when passing empty command like
~ # <Enter>
the shell dies with segmentation fault. I have tracked the problem to
the point of sh.c line 1785:

           {
               free(command);
               command = (char *) xcalloc(BUFSIZ, sizeof(char));
               next_command = NULL;
           }

free() does the segmentation. command is not NULL, it was allocated, was
not free()'d before but still, doing free() causes segmentation.
Anyway, why we want to free() and then allocate again with exactly the
same size?

2. commands seem to ignore control characters from keyboard:
~ # cat
<cat does what it is told to>
<Ctrl-C>[ignored] <Ctrl-D>[ignored] <Ctrl-Z> [ignored]
avctually there is no way to stop the cat now. Only telneting and
killing the cat process.
Same thing with ping, and several others... control signals seem to not
being transferred to child process.

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

Michael.