List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] Wishlist for inetd features?
From:       "Vladimir N. Oleynik" <dzo () simtreas ! ru>
Date:       2001-02-28 14:36:46

Tomi Ollila wrote:

> Daytime instead of time: tinetd 13 date (or busybox tinetd 13 busybox date)

busybox tinetd? What it is?
I see netkit-tiny. Also not found...

> DoS.. there is always DoS problems... it is just how far we are going to
> prevent those... and the same DoS prevention code can be added to simpler
> solutions.

Inetd have special metods for reduce DoS problems.

> > I think, 10.5k is not big.
> > And you code can addition to utilites.c :))
>
> ...Size of my test program using the `size' command:
>
> domo2$  size tt4sshd.o
>    text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
>     795       0       0     795     31b tt4sshd.o

I think, metod compares `size' is require put to current FAQ. :))
(But without compare BSS and best is `data' moved to `text' segments).

Mark. Its good idea? ;)

> .. that has some additional stuff -- but on the other hand, may
> be missing something.

This code is probably convert inetd applet to standalone?
Not `inetd' applet? :))

I not argue. You variant also interesing.
But i think, this code is optional function to network applet, not external
module in real applet, or in busybox I can`t put solutions.

--w
vodz