List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] Re: netkit-tiny
From:       Gennady Feldman <gena01 () cachier ! com>
Date:       2001-02-26 20:38:14

Erik,

  Networking apps (netkit-tiny) which are going away will need +s for
certain cases. Busybox code will need to be integrated anyway, I think
that it was on some TODO list (maybe even already be in netkit-tiny, I
need to pull a fresh copy of that branch). Once we do the "integration"
which I am currently waiting for and delaying testing/coding netkit stuff.
I can still maintain netkit part of the "busybox" directory hierarchy. I
can also prototype the directory structure or send out proposed directory
layout charts and have people comment/add/remove/update so that once 0.50
is out the door we have the layout documented and agreed upon. This will
ease the transition to a new codebase and updated directory structure. We
could even start a new branch in CVS to start the "development". The main
branch should be updated and maintained until the 0.50 release.

P.S. I moved this discussion to busybox where this is more apropriate.
Sorry to have started this in uClibc mailing list.

G.F.

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Erik Andersen wrote:

[clipped]

> For tinylogin, I had it carefully drop permissions for all applets
> unless the applet had a special field stating that it was ok to run
> setuid.  Something similar is needed for busybox,

[clipped]