List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] Splitting Config.h in two parts
From:       "David Douthitt" <ssrat () mailbag ! com>
Date:       2001-01-29 19:11:50

I would like to suggest splitting Config.h into two parts.  The
problem I ran into may have been related to using an old
configuration file when I should have been using a new one.  I've
been using old configuration files to retain my settings, and the
new BB_*_INSMOD_* settings were messed up.

If we could split a section off which would contain only program
selections (BB_RM, BB_CP_MV, etc...) - in the current Config.h
this is labeled top and bottom as the Applications list.  If we could
separate this out somehow, it would be helpful, though it does
necessitate using two different files to configure.  Perhaps you
could optionally include a file from "outside" the standard Config.h -
like so:

#include "apps.h"

#ifndef APPS_H
[....application list....]
#endif

Would this work?  Or would "apps.h" generate an error if missing?

--
David Douthitt
UNIX Systems Administrator