List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] bug#1085: busybox: cleanup to install.sh (patch)
From:       Erik Andersen <andersen () lineo ! com>
Date:       2000-12-26 8:29:36

On Mon Dec 25, 2000 at 09:19:58AM -0800, Cory Dodt wrote:
> Package: busybox
> Version: 0.48
> Severity: n/a
>

> Here's a minor patch to fix what appeared to me to be a bit of silliness
> in install.sh.  You go through a lot of logic to make sure the symlink
> points to the right place, but in every case, the symlink evaluates to
> "/bin/busybox" - so I just took out all the logic and set it this way.
> This version works even if you are install busybox in a non-system
> directory.  For example, I am installing it into a stage directory for my
> build of Repairlix (http://repairlix.sourceforge.net) using
> $ make PREFIX=~/cvs/repairlix/stage install

The current method works just fine unless I am badle mistaken.  The alledged
silliness in install.sh is so that we can have _relative_ symlinks.  This is
important so that all the links work as expected when installing busybox
somewhere other then in /bin/busybox.  If I install to /tmp (i.e. 'make
PREFIX=/tmp install') then I want symlinks that point to /tmp/bin/busybox,
_not_ /bin/busybox.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen@lineo.com