List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] "Circular Buffer" enabled syslogd
From:       Michael Renzmann <renzmann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-12-22 19:42:08

Hi.

> Here is my "circular buffer" syslogd patch done against cvs. [...]

First status report:
I got busybox out of CVS some hours ago and sucessfully applied your
patch. The "normal" operation just works fine, but there seems to be a
problem with the sysv ipc stuff or shared memory (did not use both in
any of my own programs so far, so I donīt know which of both is the
problem). When stopping it with "kill", one of the used library function
spits out an error message (will send it as soon as I go to work again,
which will be next week after chrismas). I also noticed that there is
more than one instance of syslog running. Is this intended? (ps shows
about 5 times syslogd, but not with sequent process numbers...).

I will give a more detailed report next week.

For now, I wish everyone on this list merry christmas and a happy y2k++.

Bye, Mike