List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] Keeping only most recent log messages...?
From:       alec () cr464730-a ! poco1 ! bc ! home ! com (Alec Smecher)
Date:       2000-11-30 5:24:21

Hi folks,

First of all, the obligatory but important thanks: Busybox is vitally important to \
the project at hand and I intend to keep using it wherever I can! And I must say, if \
this much attention was paid to coding in general, the software world would be almost \
tolerable :)

Anyway, on my embedded system I'd like to keep a page or so of the most recent \
syslog'd messages, but in the interests of preserving extremely limited memory/disk \
space I'd like to be able to limit it to just the last page or so. Without running \
another daemon, how would I best approach this? I think it might be a really useful \
addition to syslog - correct me if I'm wrong - and although such things as "emlog" \
seem to fit the bill, I'd prefer an integrated solution.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
asmecher@home.com