List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] Busybox SH signal handling
From:       Bryan Rittmeyer <bryan () ixiacom ! com>
Date:       2000-11-28 21:04:23

Hello,

Has anyone looked into adding signal-related error handling to the
Busybox shell? IE:

bryan@squirt:~/src$ ./segtest
Segmentation fault
bryan@squirt:~/src$

in bash. but in busybox sh:

bryan@squirt:~/src$ busybox/busybox sh

BusyBox v0.48pre (2000.11.28-20:59+0000) Built-in shell
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/home/bryan/src # ./segtest
/home/bryan/src #

No error message from Busybox shell.

(segtest just performs an invalid pointer dereference).

How difficult would it be to have the busybox shell output "Segmentation
fault" on SIGSEGV, and possibly
intercept other fatal signals?

If noone has looked into this, I will give it a shot when I get some
time.

Thanks,

Bryan

--