List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] busybox tar - test script and patch problem!
From:       kent robotti <robotti () metconnect ! com>
Date:       2000-11-28 18:10:33

   [BusyBox] busybox tar - test script & patch for handling of hard links...

   Jim Gleason jimg@lineo.com
   Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:16:35 -0700

Hey all, attached are two files dealing with busybox tar.  I have sent
these before but no one has indicated they have tested them or even
care.  Would someone mind having a look.

tar_tests.bash -> A test script that thouroughly test tar (busybox VS
GNU).  This would go in the tests sub-directory.

tar.c.hardlink.patch -> A patch that fixes the busybox tar utility to
correctly handle hard links.
This patch was made for tar.c revision number 1.70 and tar.c is now up
to 1.72, but the patch should still work.

I tryed the tar patch and test with the latest cvs bb.

The test script had this problem.

# tar_tests.bash
tar_test_1: full creation and full extraction
it hangs!

        if [ "${CREATE_NORMAL}" = "Yes" ]; then
                ${Gtar} -cf ${TMPDIR}/G.normal.tar ${TESTDIR}

        I think it hangs after it creates B.normal.tar!

                ${Btar} -cf ${TMPDIR}/B.normal.tar ${TESTDIR}
        fi

It never gets this far in the script!

B.normal.tar in tar.tmp.dir seems to be complete
and have the same contents as G.normal.tar!

Something like this doesn't work with the bb tar, you
can't have it match a wildcard like the gnu tar can do.

            tar -xO *fooboo

Maybe you can enable this in the bb tar.