List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] initrd
From:       Erik Andersen <andersen () lineo ! com>
Date:       2000-10-27 16:31:55

On Fri Oct 27, 2000 at 11:30:42AM +0200, Thomas Höhenleitner wrote:

> But let me repeat this question:
> > //Enable init being called as /linuxrc
> > #define BB_FEATURE_LINUXRC
> >
> > What does that exact mean?
> > In an initrd I need my special /linuxrc script and in normal boot init is
> > called anyway.
>
> What is the sense of this feature?

Sometimes people want busybox's init to run within an initrd (i.e. some folks
load as an initrd and never exit, but do everything they need from the initrd).
Enabling this feature sets up busybox so it can run as init from within an
initrd and creates a link from /linuxrc to /bin/busybox

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen@lineo.com