List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] kill
From:       Erik Andersen <andersen () lineo ! com>
Date:       2000-10-25 16:50:21

On Wed Oct 25, 2000 at 11:37:13AM -0500, David Douthitt wrote:

> That was my first thought; but if you read the code, it mentions that
> other systems have other numbers for their signals.  However, it does
> occur to me that busybox doesn't run except under i386 right?  Or
> does it?  What does Debian-68k use for ITS boot floppies?

It actually runs on x86, powerpc, arm, strongarm, mips, sh, alpha, and just
about everything else.  If linux runs on it, busybox does...  :-)

In this case though, if you read the code, there are very very few overlaps in
signal names, and on any given architecture, there are none.  So if they are
simply ordered in the source (with platform specific overlaps next to each
other, then all will be nicely ordered for kill -l to print out.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen@lineo.com