List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] insmod -f option
From:       robotti () metconnect ! com
Date:       2000-10-25 11:13:04

The insmod from busybox v0.47 has the -f option.

Hi all.

Would it be possible to include the ´-f´ option to insmod of busybox?
Then I could drop the regular insmod and save a lot of disk space...
(about 60k, I think). The ´-f´ forces insmod to load a module even if
there are errors (such as kernel version mismatches). I need it for a
small ringbuffer module (emlog), which has been compiled for kernel
2.2.14 and can´t be recompiled for 2.2.15 (I dunno the exact reason, but
there are lots of error messages coming up when trying to do it).

Bye, Mike