List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] Announcing BusyBox 0.47
From:       Erik Andersen <andersen () lineo ! com>
Date:       2000-09-26 7:05:20

I am very happy to announce the release of BusyBox 0.47.  The changelog is not
as complete as I would like it to be, but I am very, very happy with this
release.  I have used it with very good results on several systems so far.  My
only regret is that I wish I would have had the time to get this out the door a
month ago...

>From the web page at http://busybox.net/
    This release fixes lots of bugs (including an ugly bug in 0.46 syslogd that
    could fork-bomb your system).  Added several new apps: rdate, wget, getopt,
    dos2unix, unix2dos, reset, unrpm, renice, xargs, and expr.  syslogd now
    supports network logging.  There are the usual tar updates.  Most apps now
    use getopt for more correct option parsing.

Many thanks to those who have contributed to this release, in particular Matt
Kraai, Kent Robotti, Glenn McGrath, Dave Cinege, Chip Rosenthal, Gyepi Sam,
Pavel Roskin, Allen Soard, Sterling Huxley, and Mark Whitley, who have all done
some some fine work helping to get this out the door (no offense intended if I
somehow managed to forget someone!).  Many others have contributed patches, bug
reports, and suggestions that have all helped to make this the best BusyBox
release ever.  Thanks!

Share and enjoy,

 -Erik

--