List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] Busybox sed bug
From:       Mark Whitley <markw () lineo ! com>
Date:       2000-08-28 16:00:21

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 02:32:13PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Was playing with Busybox sed today and noticed an abnormal behavior with it
> Heres the output from GNU Sed and Busybox sed:
>
> # GNU Sed
> $ echo "Foo Bar" | sed -e 's/Foo//pg'
>  Bar
>  Bar
> $ echo "Foo Bar" | sed -ne 's/Foo//pg'
>  Bar
>
> # Busybox Sed
> $ echo "Foo Bar" | sed -e 's/Foo//pg'
>  Bar
> $ echo "Foo Bar" | sed -ne 's/Foo//pg'
> $
>
> I havent had a chance to fix this yet, so if anyone has the time to fix this
> bug then please do it :-)

This is a known bug and a bug report has already been opened for it. Mark
Ferrell <mferrell@mvista.com> recently added /p support to s/// expressions.
When he added it, he was aware of the discrepancy between GNU sed's behavior
and the behavior in his patch. He is planning on fixing it. I haven't really
looked at it yet, but I'll try to get around to it. If you can come up with a
patch, I'll apply it.

Mark Whitley
markw@lineo.com