List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] Tail Update III
From:       Erik Andersen <andersen () lineo ! com>
Date:       2000-07-31 17:32:05

On Mon Jul 31, 2000 at 07:43:52AM -0700, Allen Soard wrote:
> Here's the next update to tail.c It passes every
> test I throw at it including binary files,
> extending past the end of the file and files
> smaller than BUFSIZ (both regular files and
> pipes).

Looks basically ok (I have checked it into CVS as is).  I still have a few
concerns with the main routine though.  For example, you are using
getopt_long_only() when I think it would be best to use just plain old getopt()
(especially since you are not really using any long options).  You are also
doing some interesting things with preprocessing argv before getopt, and then
copying the leftovers from argv into another variable.  That is really not the
best way to do things and leaves room for fixing.  Tail -f currently only works
on one file at a time.  I have applied your patch as is, but it would be nice
to see some further cleanups to address these issues.

Thanks for your help,

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen@lineo.com