List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] filesize patch
From:       Erik Andersen <andersen () lineo ! com>
Date:       2000-07-21 3:53:27

On Thu Jul 20, 2000 at 06:06:05PM -0700, Allen Soard wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> I've been lurking for a couple of days, and out
> of necessity I built a filesize patch (attached)
> which only adds about 224 bytes.
>
> By the way, would someone mind letting me know
> the diff options I need to use to create a
> _propper_ patch...I'll be fixing the cmd line
> options next.

To create a proper patch, the easiest way is to make a copy
of the entire source tree before you start working (i.e.
    cp -a busybox busybox.virgin
then go into the busybox directory, change things, and then
to create a patch, just run:
    diff -urN busybox.virgin busybox > /tmp/mypatch

To get the filesize, you could also do something like:
    ls -l <file> | cut -d ' ' -f 11

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen@lineo.com