List:       buildroot
Subject:    Re: [Buildroot] [V2 1/1] package/strongswan: Install libraries to /usr/lib
From:       Sam Voss <sam.voss () rockwellcollins ! com>
Date:       2017-08-31 15:31:33

Thomas, All,

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni@free-electrons.com> wrote:
> Hello,
 [..]
> However, as said on IRC: I don't think it is normal that we drop the
> RPATH from a target binary if this RPATH is needed. So there is
> probably some additional investigation needed here to figure out if our
> RPATH-sanitization logic is correct.

I completely agree, I am still investigating this cleanup and will get
some information out as soon as I get a moment.

> Wolfgang: Sam realized that stronswan was no longer working, because it
> installs libraries in a non-standard path (/usr/lib/<something>/). The
> strongswan build system apparently adds the correct RPATH, but our
> RPATH sanitization step ($(TOPDIR)/support/scripts/fix-rpath target)
> removes it. Sam tested after dropping the call to
> $(TOPDIR)/support/scripts/fix-rpath target, and the RPATH was correct,
> strongswan would work.
>
> Aren't we supposed to keep legitimate RPATH from target binaries ?

I took out of our conversation that although that is the case, we
still would like to put the libraries into /usr/lib to conform with
the rest of BR. Is that still correct?

Thanks!

Sam Voss