List:       buildroot
Subject:    [Buildroot] Kernel Download Error with external toolchain
From:       rep.dot.nop () gmail ! com (Bernhard Fischer)
Date:       2007-09-29 17:10:31

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 12:50:20PM -0400, Clark Rawlins wrote:

>Let me rephrase to make sure I understand what you are saying.

>How close am I? :)

Yes, that'd be it.
For the dependency stuff (project_/$PROJ/buildroot-config), i'd prefer
to keep the names in the BR2_KERNEL_* hierarchy. A bit clumsy,
but nicer for the wildcards.

config BR2_KERNEL_SRC_IS_HEADERS
	bool "Use kernel tarball for both headers and kernel-binary"
	default y
	help
	  selfexplanatory but could need a more elaborate text

BR2_PACKAGE_LINUX_SRC_VERSION
	string "linux kernel version"
	default ""
	depends on !BR2_KERNEL_SRC_IS_HEADERS
	help
	  Specify the version of the linux kernel to use to
	  build the kernel binary.

or something like this