List:       buildroot
Subject:    [Buildroot] --includedir=/usr/include	vs	--includedir=(STAGING_DIR)/usr/include
From:       hcegtvedt () atmel ! com (Hans-Christian Egtvedt)
Date:       2007-07-31 6:13:27

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 21:36 +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> >> With the recent changes that buildroot has undergone, I actually think
> >> this is a good idea. Any objections to getting rid of 'include' in the
> >> staging directory all together and going to 'usr/include'?
> >
> >That's fine with me. But my question was:
> >
> >  --includedir=/usr/include vs --includedir=$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/include
> >                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> depending on the package --prefix=$(STAGING_DIR)/usr
> is enough and all other (except, perhaps specifying the location of
> $(STAGING_DIR)/etc) are not needed anymore.
>
> There are indeed quite some packages that are not yet converted. Patches
> to clean those up are very welcome.

In the same go a cleanup of all libdir variables in lib<name>.la should
be done? I see some libraries have /usr/lib there, and it can make some
confusing moments if you have the library installed on the build machine
as well.

--
With kind regards,

Hans-Christian Egtvedt, siv.ing. (M.Sc.)
Applications Engineer - AVR32 System Solutions - Atmel Norway