List:       bugtraq
Subject:    Re: [MSY] S(ecure)Locate heap corruption vulnerability
From:       Seth Arnold <sarnold () WILLAMETTE ! EDU>
Date:       2000-11-28 21:29:10

* Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf@dione.ids.pl> [001128 13:14]:
> I am impressed it hasn't been fixed yet. Amazing.

Quoting from: http://www.geekreview.org/slocate/

	Changes v2.2: Fixed a segfault. If the environment variable
	LOCATE_PATH had an invalid slocate.db file path, slocate could
	segfault.  Proper checking now takes place to fix this.

I think this was fixed 00/06/22 -- but I am not entirely clear on how
the dates line up with the versions mentioned. (And no, I don't know if
the fix managed to break other items..)

In the past, Kevin was very friendly and helpful when I contacted him.
Unless that has changed I think getting fixes into new versions is
pretty easy. :)

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''