List:       bugtraq
Subject:    W2K & ~25000+  temp files = crash + corruption?
From:       Clifford Hammerschmidt <cliff () MARKETINGTIPS ! COM>
Date:       2000-02-28 18:03:54

Hi all,

I'm running Windows 2000 Pro on a FAT32 file system. I've got a program
that creates a very large number of temp files in a single directory.
Somewhere between 25000 and 30000 files the system reboots. After the
reboot I noticed file system corruption. (It toasted my mailbox files. This
may have been due to having eudora running at the time of the crash.)

Can anyone else confirm this?