List:       bugtraq
Subject:    ProFTPD 1.2.0pre4 available
From:       Malicious User <mark () NIJNTJE ! NET>
Date:       1999-08-30 14:42:44

Hi,

It is not stated on the site yet, but on the ProFTPD mailinglist version
1.2.0pre4 was announced, which fixes the bug that was mailed to Bugtraq
this weekend.

<snip from "MacGyver" <macgyver@tos.net> >

Until then, I'm announcing ProFTPD 1.2.0pre4 -- this fixes the bug
announced on BUGTRAQ, as well as addresses (hopefully) all the
sprintf-style buffer overruns in ProFTPD.  Please download, test, and
knock it around.  I suspect this version will still fail on FreeBSD
(anyone care to offer up an account for me on a FreeBSD system to test
on?).

You may get 1.2.0pre4 at ftp://ftp.tos.net/pub/proftpd/.

</snip>

--
FreeBSD ko.nijntje.net 3.2-RELEASE i386
 4:36PM  up 9 days, 18:17, 3 users, load averages: 0.14, 0.05, 0.01