Raymond Dijkxhoorn writes: > 7. Problem description: > > Several potential buffer overruns have been corrected within the net-tools > package. Very helpful. I'm running LinuxPPC here, which is partly based on RedHat. Could someone from RedHat please identify the programs in question, their version numbers, the history of the code or something else which allows me to find out whether I'm affected or not? No, Im not asking "gimme the xpl0itz". Far from it. But such announcements just don't help me. Instead they give me the uneasy feeling that out there are people which know about a security problem on my machine and don't tell me about it. Andreas -- "We show that all proposed quantum bit commitment schemes are insecure because the sender, Alice, can almost always cheat successfully by using an Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen type of attack and delaying her measurement until she opens her commitment." ( http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/quant-ph/9603004 )