List:       bugtraq
Subject:    Exploit in Internet Explorer 5.0
From:       THR - <thr_ () HOTMAIL ! COM>
Date:       1999-05-31 16:18:02

Hi everyone!

I have found a bug which will freeze Internet Explorer 5.0
I know that there are *many* bugs that will crasch browsers
but what makes this one special is the following:

In IE 5.0 Microsoft has fixed the bugs from IE 4.0 that
was based on infinit loops in JavaScript. If a JavaScript
contains a loop which will cause IE 5.0 to run slowly
or be unresponsive, the user will be warned and he/she will
be prompted whether the JavaScript should be aborted or
not. This exploit is a JavaScript which changes the bgColor in
an infinit loop and when you open it you wont get a warning.
The browser will just freeze!
Get the source code here: http://members.xoom.com/thr_/my/color.txt

//THR
         WWW: http://fly.to/unixhacking