List:       bugtraq
Subject:    second compaq insight manager vulnerablilty
From:       Ricky Mitchell <rjmitchell () COLUMBIAENERGYGROUP ! COM>
Date:       1999-05-28 12:54:10

Greetings,

Yesterday while I was removing the "web insight agent" service from the our
vulnerable NT servers, I noticed on some machines that port 2301 was still
vulnerable. To completely remove the problem, make sure you also stop the
"surveryor" service as well if you have that installed. That will
completely shut off access to port 2301 and plug the hole.

Regards,

Rick Mitchell
NT administrator
Columbia Gas Transmission Corp