List:       bugtraq
Subject:    Re: Solaris libc exploit  Re: Solaris libc exploit
From:       Peter Harvey Solaris Sustaining Engineering <peter.harvey () UK ! Sun ! COM>
Date:       1999-05-26 20:10:56

Ricky,

Excuse my not being clear enough here. A few people have already asked
me about this (to whom I replied individually).

> So 105210 doesn't fix the problem.

The patch I referred to does not fix the current exploit (you are
correct). I think perhaps you misunderstood my email. The bug 4118295 I
referred to is already fixed in the patch as I described.  This current
exploit is new.

I emailed BUGTRAQ to confirm:

	(a) bug 4118295 is different
	(b) bug 4118295 is already fixed
	(c) this exploit is new (and therefore *not* 4118295)

-- Peter